Monday, August 15, 2011

Famous in Korea


I've been meaning to post this video for a while. I was asked via my school to go have tea with a group of older Korean women in one of the neighboring cities here. They said the women spoke very good English and it would be video taped as part of a piece they were doing for a show. I figured whats the worst that could happen, especially since they said we would be getting paid to do it. One of the other girls I work with said she would do it too. We had no idea what we were in for.....

We woke up fairly early because a woman was going to pick us up and drive us to where they were shooting. It took about an hour or so to get there. During the car ride we got more information on what exactly was in store for us. We were meeting up with an older lady (79 years old) in a coffee shop for a TV comedy type skit. The woman studied English on her own for the past 10 years from books in her apartment. She never had any formal lessons and she was quite famous from what our driver knew. I'll let you watch the video and decide for yourself. It is quite admirable that she would take it upon herself to study English at such an old age... but taking into consideration the piece was put in between a pet badger that does situps and an underwater break dancer I don't think it was a very serious video. It was quite the experience though. I'm a little embarrassed to show it on here since I have such crazy eyes in it. They gave me a script what to say but I don't think I was very convincing... there goes my acting career.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XlLHYrq4go

No comments:

Post a Comment